Katy Texas Tort Claims Act Attorney | Lawyers that Sue Katy or Texas
Katy Texas Tort Claims Act lawyers may pursue cases against state the Texas, the City of Katy or Harris County, Texas. In order to accomplish this task, they must follow the rules set forth in the Texas Tort Claims Act.
- Sec. 101.021. Governmental Liability.
- Sec. 101.0211. No Liability for Joint Enterprise.
- Sec. 101.0215. Liability of a Municipality.
- Sec. 101.022. Duty Owed: Premise and Special Defects.
- Sec. 101.023. Limitation on Liability on Amount of Liability.
- Sec. 101.024. Exemplary Damages.
- Sec. 101.025. Waiver of Governmental Immunity Permission to Sue.
- Sec. 101.026. Individual's Immunity Preserved.
- Sec. 101.027. Liability Insurance.
- Sec. 101.028. Workers' Compensation Insurance.
- Sec. 101.029. Liability for Certain Conduct of State Prison Inmates.
- Sec. 101.051. School and Junior College Districts Partially Excluded.
- Sec. 101.052. Legislative.
- Sec. 101.053. Judicial.
- Sec. 101.054. State Military Personnel.
- Sec. 101.055. Certain Governmental Functions.
- Sec. 101.056. Discretionary Powers.
- Sec. 101.057. Civil Disobedience and Intentional Torts.
- Sec. 101.058. Landowner's Liability.
- Sec. 101.059. Attractive Nuisances.
- Sec. 101.060. Traffic and Road Control Devices.
- Sec. 101.061. Tort Committed Before January 1, 1970.
- Sec. 101.062. 9-1-1 Emergency Service.
- Sec. 101.063. Members of Public Health District.
- Sec. 101.064. Land Acquired Under Foreclosure of Lien.
- Sec. 101.065. Negligence of Off-Duty Law Enforcement Officers.
- Sec. 101.066. Computer Date Failure.
- Sec. 101.067. Graffiti Removal.
Section 13. DAMAGES-CITY NOT LIABLE-LIMITATIONS
The City of Katy shall not be liable for damages to anyone, on account of any defect in, obstruction on, or anything else in connection with any sidewalk in the City; nor shall the City of Katy be liable for damages to anyone on account of any defect in, obstruction on, or anything else in connection with any street, alley, or public place, other than any sidewalk, unless and until it be shown that some person, in the employment of the City and having superintendence or control of the work on the streets, alleys or public places, had actual notice of such defect, obstruction or other thing, for a sufficient length of time before such injury was received to have remedied such condition of the street, alley or public place before the injury was received.
City Mayor’s Office
Mayor Don Elder Jr.
910 Avenue C, P.O. Box 617
Katy, Texas 77493
- Sec. 101.102. Commencement of Suit.
- Sec. 101.103. Legal Representation.
- Sec. 101.104. Evidence of Insurance Coverage.
- Sec. 101.105. Settlement.
- Sec. 101.106. Election of Remedies.
- Sec. 101.107. Payment and Collection of Judgment.
- Sec. 101.108. Ad Valorem Taxes for Payment of Judgment.
- Sec. 101.109. Payment of Claims against Certain Universities.
Please visit our Federal Tort Claims Act Lawyer page for an understanding of the difference between the state action and the federal action.
Katy attorneys that sue the City of Katy, or Harris County or the state of Texas Serve
Clients throughout Southeastern Texas, including Aldine, Bellaire, Brookshire, Cinco Ranch, Four Corners, Fulshear, Houston, Jacinto City, Jersey Village, Mission Bend, Missouri City, Pattison, Pecan Grove, Richmond, Rosenberg, Satsuma, Simonton, Spring, Stafford, Sugar Land, Tomball, West University Place, The Woodlands and other communities in Harris County, Fort Bend County, and Waller County.